Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Piece about Peace


The idea of peace and equality are so important to me. Butterflies really inspired this project for me because they represent freedom, by the way they can migrate to any place they want, without anything holding them back. I thought that the colors used, compliment the flowers I chose. They reminded me of a lovely sunset. I sprayed red transparent paint and gold glitter spray paint all over the bottle. I knew I was going to tie a peach colored ribbon to match the flowers as well. The bands in between the butterflies represent a rainbow, except they are similar tones to eachother. The peace sign  with the hands was made out of mixing different acrylic paints together. There is an emphasis on shadow and line on the hand. The black outline throughout many figures separates them with the background. There is plenty movement going on with the lines and butterflies. That was the most important part of this whole piece because it is universally known as a symbol of acceptance and tolerance. I decided to paint a small earth next to the peace sign to symbolize “world peace” and around everything, there are small flowers,  hearts, a star, and a female symbol. The whole thing evolved into something that is very dear to my heart and for that, I am proud of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye - Series #4

This piece from the movie "Call Me By Your Name" is my favorite out of all of them because of the shading of the shirt and backp...