Thursday, May 2, 2019

Goodbye - Series #4

This piece from the movie "Call Me By Your Name" is my favorite out of all of them because of the shading of the shirt and backpack. I have never really painted fabric, but I used a very similar picture to look at as a reference. I think that the dark brown background works for this piece, to have the central point pop out. When figuring out the lines from the background, I did them randomly. I am happy that I chose to do this movie for this background, because coincidentally, the lines replicate those of a train. The train scene is an essential part of the movie. I hope to include more of a collage feel when I include pictures of that scene so that it describes it better. The shirt also has a lot of meaning for the movie, so I felt like painting it was special. I also used a minimal use of micropen in the shirt and backpack. To me, this piece symbolizes a goodbye to the past, due to the reference to the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye - Series #4

This piece from the movie "Call Me By Your Name" is my favorite out of all of them because of the shading of the shirt and backp...